I know that we all feel the power of authority that we feel these days as people constantly need to know what we think of things. I mean, I am blogging about mundane events in my life as if it is supposed to be important. Our technology supports this.
Facebook post: "Go USA in the World Cup"
Peter, Mike, and Cindy like.
It's great. Where else do we get to share our opinions? Even giving someone two options that are equal seem to be pleasing to us. "Lightly Row or Song of the Wind first?" "Lightly Row! Dad, you didn't expect me to pick that one!" It's delightful.
What a great world we live in! It all goes awry though, when it gets dirty. I mean, who doesn't remember the slanderous response to the fairly innocent TConn post of 2004? Let's just say, do not mess up your solfege around Julie. That's probably why Audrey dropped her music major.
After posting a normal, or as Sara calls it, Drama-Queen-post of working a lot and being disappointed that after a full day of work, I was not able to take another dog off of the euthanasia list. (Ok, that was a little dramatic.)
I get this comment:
Unnamed Friend of Friend
Well, judging from the PLETHORA of "omg. I work so much. My life is so hard. *sigh* MY LIIIIIIIIIFE" status updates on your facebook (and IRL), it seems as though getting a puppy would probably be unfair for the puppy. I would suggest that you get a little buddy once you settle in your fancy new home and learn to live a life of balance and happiness. Puppies are a huuuuuuge responsibility. And they poop everywhere. Seriously. Think about it. Poop. Everywhere.
Well, nation. Let's be civil. If facebook wanted this to happen, they would add a dislike button. I would like to add a "Why do I give a f*^# what you think?" reply button to these posts.
Lesson: If you are going to post something nasty, do it anonymously.
No comments:
Post a Comment