As I was leaving the parking lot, I consciously thought, as an addict in rehab, that I should not tempt myself with some light afternoon shop-a-holism. I couldn't resist just browsing. I mean, I was not going to buy anything because one day I want to save for a house. Wrong! I left with a tie and a shirt.
But, as luck would have it, the lovely woman in front of me at BR was Danielle!

Danielle and I at the Apple Store.
Doesn't it seem like I just like to have problems, so I can take pictures with my friends?
My theory is that teachers need a way to relieve stress. If that means sleeping late on a three-day weekend, walking around town lake, reading a Brahms biography, beating Mario Bros Wii, or passing out on the couch to a lousy Bravo show (it was Fashion Show, I know! Awful!)...why should I feel bad about shopping?
I do feel guilty that my extra 30% off the sale price of the tie that I purchased cost more than the money I contributed to the Haiti aid and rescue, which is why I am rectifying that situation. My thoughts and hope go out to all of the people affected in this tragedy. The magnitude of loss and suffering seem disproportionate to the level of human convenience and technology we live with on a day-to-day basis.
Well, the three-day weekend is over, and as with the end of any vacation, it is cram time for lesson plans, harp parts, and just plain getting ready for school.
Good night, readers. Let us be grateful for what we have.
No comments:
Post a Comment