Thursday, January 7, 2010

With apples, Sometimes you get a worm...

The beginning of school is upon us. The weeks of sleep and restfulness and feeling myself are gone. The break is just some idyllic opium dream like that of Berlioz's Symphonie Fatastique III movement, followed by a march to the guillotine and the rest is history.

The same has been true for my life with my Mac. After a year of not having problems, I am having two major Hard Drive issues in the span of two weeks. To catch up on my laptop life: Part 1, Part 2.

My computer setup is something similar to the Frankenstein monster. After an unsuccessful organ implant, I am running everything off of my external hard drive due to Brendon my computer savior for the past two days. Somehow, he was able to install my startup disk onto my external hard drive (Just to reiterate for those of you who continue to have this conversation with me Yes, I DID own one. No, I didn't back up. Yes, I know I should have.). Basically, the brain of my computer is outside of my computer. My computer is like having dialysis, having an artificial heart, being on a ventilator or something a little less tragic sounding.

Fate is on my side for the future though. I guess I needed this list of events (two hard drive meltdowns, loss information-twice, inability to do school work, and less than 5 hours a sleep a night, Brendon being available to help me because his wife is at the game) to actually use my external hard drive in my regular life. To put this in perspective, I will be watching part of the UT game from the Apple Store in the Domain tonight. I say this as if I would have been into the football game tonight if I had nothing better to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment