One exciting thing about seeing my friends was getting to see them perform!
Mana Q4 - Dannel - Josh + Erika = Mana Trio.

Logical, no? They won't let me post the shotty youtube video, but you can all be curious about it.
So, where was I going? Ah, yes. The idea was that Mike's stepmother. Yes, a typical stepmother, was going to host a dinner party of socialites to feast, drink, enjoy a live chamber music concert, and for dessert, ice cream, made by Mike's sister's ice cream dynasty "Carmela."
It was an extremely fun night. The entire event screamed NYC prep and Real Housewives, which I watch from the safety of my futon on Bravo.
I happened to listen to an entertaining conversation where a mother was pestering Mike R. about getting her daughter into a private Arts Academy. "She has studied in Santa Fe and Paris. Her portfolio is excellent."
Are these really the people who are funding arts programs? Please excuse me while I visit the vomitorium.
Okay. It was not THAT gross. I find it wonderful that people can make livings where they can expose their children to the finest that life has to offer. I think it is something that we all aim to do.
If we do it through supporting music programs in schools or going to a museum, that's the same as publicizing your businesses and playing 'salon' as if having a girl's tea party, no?
No comments:
Post a Comment