Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Rotten Apples?!


So, yeah. My year-and-four-month-old Macbook Pro Hard Drive is potentially dead. [Insert sad face here]

I'll spare you the conversation:
"Well, did you back it up?"
"Um...I bought an external hard drive in October. Does that count?"
"So, no?"
"Nope."

Here's what I may have lost:

-School stuff: Lesson Plans, Harp Arrangements, Handouts, Curricula, etc.
-ASTA Presentation (um, presenting in Santa Clara in 6 weeks...surprise!)
-The rest of my grad school work (the first half was stolen in 2007).
-A couple hundred dollars of downloaded music
-All of my photos not uploaded onto facebook
-My last year's tax return
-Some Suzuki Training, including my Cello Book 2 Observations due January 4th, 2010...whoops

It's not the end of the world, just inconvenient.

Now I'm just playing the waiting game. As they are so popular, Apple cannot see me until January 1st.

At which point, they will probably ask me, "Did you back up your files and music on an external hard drive?"
I will say, "No. I know I'm an idiot."
To which they will say, "Well, these things happen, that's why you should back up your files."

Let me translate:
"I know you haven't, but I just need to know, are you an idiot like every other person I have helped this week?"
"Yes, I know I'm an idiot."
"Yeah. I would just like to say that we told you so. I can say that because I'm an Apple Genius with this blue t-shirt, name tag and trendy business card."

Maybe they will be able to fix it in house, but as Apple geniuses know little more than people who are computer literate, I will probably be without my laptop for a little over a week as they send it out (probably to a 3rd world country) to be repaired. Bah Humbug.

That won't keep me from my newfound blogging obsession though. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment