But, inspired by an amiga from school who has a cooler blog AND a cooler school website AND a cooler new haircut, I have decided to blog as a part of my 2010 New Year's Resolution. See her blog: http://serengetitales.blogspot.com/
To catch everyone up, I have basically fallen off the face of the planet for three months of public school teaching. Since the task of updating chronologically is too daunting, I am going to update haphazardly.
Erika is a badass pianist. the end. We went to undergrad together and reunited in Hot Springs. She'll be visiting Austin in April, for those of you ready to let worlds collide.
I arrived in SF and knew this trip was fate because the gate at which I arrived had a sculpture of saxophones overhead.
The airport was the perfect fit of interestingly modern with warmth. High ceilings with light, strong lines with a little bit of wood. I loved it. Even the name for the transit system was awesome. BART! How cool!
When I arrived, it was like stepping out of ordinary-teacher world, and stepping into the OC. Not like the real Housewives of OC, but the fox OC. It was fabulous.
Mike's family lives in this huge former-hippy-commune mansion. His brother, introduced himself and talked about his dreams of making it as an actor. He also showed me a commercial and continued to explain to me how commercials are a good way to get yourself picked up for shows. I was already in awe. People with dreams, sunlight, clean air, green plants, recycling, and Arnold Schwartzenegger?! Can anyone say utopia?
I will continue to outline my travels, but for my ADHD readers out there...
No comments:
Post a Comment