
Dreaming about school. EEEEEEEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
For those of you do not know me, I have very vivid random dreams but do not follow any storyline; I think someone told me once that the human brain tries to naturally piece it all together.
Not only was I having random dreams, but I was wanting to blog about them. Therefore, I naturally woke up thinking, I need to remember this. Consequently, I began planning out my blog in my mind and thought of these two photos:

My first dream had Jessica in it, but I don't remember what it was about. I did think about this picture though.
My second dream was more vivid. I thought that I had left school behind me, but it even haunts me in my sleep. For some reason, I opted to switch jobs mid-year to work in the Elementary school as a general music and string teacher. This was apparent from a scene where I remember a 20th century Orff ensemble plus harp performance with our private harp teacher.
I remember being stressed out about having to conduct Elementary choir performances and being distraught over missing my other students. So much in fact, that I wanted to talk to my principal to see if I could go back on my decision and ask to be reinstated in the MS and replace whoever had replaced me.
I woke up, with my reinstatement unresolved, in a bad state of mind--upset, practically crying and out-of-touch with reality. It was absurd.
Pictured above is my bestie, Ciara, who teaches Elementary and Middle School General Music and Choir while wanting to still be a string teacher. I <3> her. This dream just screams Ciara and inner-city Hartford schools.
So, spirit of Christmas. Thank you for the retreat, but even you cannot keep me completely away from school.
No comments:
Post a Comment