Saturday, December 26, 2009

Winter Vacation

Ho! Ho! Ho!

If this is any indicator of what summer vacation is going to feel like, I am eagerly looking forward to the coming of June! It seems like such a long time since I have had interests, time to read, the ability to sleep late, being able to blog about mundane events...this is the life!

This year, Xmas was the year of the socks. An overwhelming majority of my family purchased or received socks. My family, knowing my whimsical fetish for colorful socks got me purple/light blue, grey with lilac stripes, and red/light blue striped socks.

If this is any indicator of the recession, my family gift-giving was at an all-time high. There is no way we can stay away from a good deal. Here's some of the fun presents that I got:

Disclaimer-My camera battery was dead, and by the time I charged it, I was too lazy to take real pictures of Xmas, so try to imagine me happily receiving my gifts.


The first and second seasons of Scrubs!

Dolly Parton's "9 to 5" from my Aunt because I was obsessed with it and the song when I was a kid (aged 2-3). No further need to comment on this.




Because my family knows that I secretly want to be domestic:

Two of Alton Brown's Good Eats DVDs, a cookbook, AND a mandolin (perfect for slicing my zucchini into long thin strips for lasagna)!!!!



And a bunch of clothes, including some hot ties, aforementioned socks, shirts/sweaters, and a kicking it Old School T-Shirt from my sister.



Another copy of: (thanks y'all!)




My aunt, uncle, cousin, sister, and I are going to see the Sherlock Holmes movie today! I am super excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment